Winner will receive a full tuition waiver for a 2019 SLS program of their choice, and online publication of the winning chapter with Graywolf Press.
- Submissions should be a single chapter or excerpt from a chapter (not multiple shorter excerpts). It should be the first chapter of the work.
- Submissions must not exceed 25 pages.
- If you choose to include a brief passage to provide context (which is by no means required), this passage is included in the page limit.
- Each submission must be original, unpublished work.
- You may submit more than once (and in multiple categories) so long as each submission is separate, and accompanied by the $17 USD reading fee.
- You may attach your work as a DOC, DOCX, or PDF.
- Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript itself, please.
Many thanks, and we look forward to reading your work!